Jan. 29th, 2012

allchildren: bonnie, caroline, and elena hold a seance (ⱴ found girls)
It has come to my attention that writing is hard, and I am not very good at it. In particular, what I lack is the ability to conceive of entire stories, with beginnings, middles, and ends. (Maybe even... outlines?! Glob save me.) Plot and action elude me on a level so basic that it is embarrassing. This Yuletide stretched me to my limit and left me feeling that with more time, I might have been able to make it into more of Story, but that has yet to be proven and requires the seed of a story TO prove it. 

It has also come to my attention that 90% of my shippy feelings lately are about femslash (and the other 10% is about an f/f/m OT3), so I really need to commit myself to writing it for reals.

Now, there are lots of other things I need to work on, writingwise. Like, either I should be writing to my strengths (humor, dialogue, sekrit emotional depth) more or flexing the things I always wanna write but suspect I kind of fail at (solemn dramz, action, explicit sex, linearity). I need to consider what my frequent themes are (emotional trauma/abuse, female sexuality and onanism as characterization) and what do to about that (????). And I just don't know how to go about any of this. 

SO LIKE IF YOU CAN TEACH ME HOW TO WRITE OR GIVE ME ANY TIPS, I ACCEPT

but while I flounder about and butt my head against walls hopefully, I've decided to give myself a challenge: Femslashuary! A month in which I write femslash every day. It is like Drabblevember, I guess, except I don't want to stop at 100 words -- I want to write fics that are as long as they are, and gather the courage to attempt to even continue them further the next day if it seems called for. ?!

I made a starter spreadsheet of some pairings I feel like I might want to write! (grey means "actually probably not but they're my favs so I feel bad leaving them off this list"; blue is "het pairings made better through the magic of genderswap"; *s indicate I may or may not wish to involve these pairings in larger configurations involving dudes and their penises)

You are invited to look at it, and if you have any shower me with suggestions or prompts or feelings explosions with me to aid me on my quest!

Also to write (or fanart?) your own month of femslorsh, if you want!

Are we gonna do this thing? Possibly perhaps we are! Pom poms! Go team! Et cetera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


P.S. IDK if I will post said fic to here, to reflect its mutable exercise-ish nature, or on AO3, to be all shiny and stuff. It is... a mystery. Huh. Sorry.

December 2015

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930 31  

Tags

Page Summary

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags